Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I talk to about my child’s education?

The best person to talk to is your child's teacher. They will know your child really well and will be able to tell you what your child is working on and give you ideas if you want to help your child at home.
What do I do if my child loses a belonging in school?
Making sure everything is labelled and teaching your child how to be responsible for their own belongings to a strong start. If items are clearly labelled, they can be returned quickly and safely to your child. There are lots of cheap online companies that offer stickers to stick on bottles and inside clothing that last really well. If you are going to write on labels with permanent marker, do keep checking it is still readable over time.
  • Talk with your class teacher, they can ask the class, or might already have found it.
  • Have a look in lost property (by the sofas located near the hall).
  • Make sure you have your child's name in all their clothes. If we find somwething with a name in we return it straight away rather than putting it in the lost property box.
How do I contact the school?
You can ring between the hours of 8.30am until 4.30pm - 01452 72 00 66
You can email -
You can always talk with a teacher, TA or the office staff 15 minutes before and after the school is open.
What afterschool clubs are there?
Every term there is a letter about the available clubs. At Field Court Juniors we have lots of clubs and most are run voluntarily by the staff. We try to get others in too to supplement the clubs. Some clubs will charge you a small fee to cover some of the costs. For more information on this term's clubs please look in the Whole school letters tab of the Virtual Office.
Is there any before and after school care provision?
Yes located on site in a purpose built facility. See the tab at the top of the Homepage.
How can I make suggestions to improve the school?
We have a parent suggestion box in our lobby area. 
How do I make a complaint?
Please contact Mrs Armstrong to make an appointment. 
How can I join the Governing Body?
Please speak to Mrs S Badham, Chair of Trustees,  and she'll be able to tell you if there are any vacancies. 
Can I come in to school to help?
YES! We love having you in school helping - either in your own child's class or a different one. We would love parents to come in and listen to readers or help us in the school library. Speak to your child's class teacher.
I think my child needs extra support. Who do I speak to?
The first person to speak to is always your class teacher, but you can also talk to Ms Maybank - our special educational needs co-ordinator or Mr Street, our Deptuy Head, who oversees the Tree House, where all of our pastoral support takes place.
 How do I make an appointment to see my child's class teacher?
Just catch the teacher at the  end of the day at your child's classroom door- they should be there for about 5 minutes so you can make an appointment then. Or you may wish to contact the Office via the Contact us tab on the website.
How do I change my child's reading book?
Our library is open before school from 8:30-8:45 and after school from 3:15 - 3:30 to allow you to choose and change books with your child.  Our library is amazing - we invest a lot of money in new books and making the library comfortable and accommodating, so do make sure you regularly visit us.